Who is Jo Tutrani?
Jo Tutrani M.S./ R.D. is a clinical nutritionist presently practicing and residing on Long Island, New York. She received her B.S. degree in Nutrition at James Madison University in Virginia, completed a dietetic internship in Allentown, Pennsylvania and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Masters degree from University of Bridgeport in Conneticut. Jo has used nutrition to help support chronic disease and conditions such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, fatigue, fibromyalgia, IBS, women’s hormone balance, improving athletes performance and much more. In addition she has completed over 1000 hours of continuing education in integrative and medical nutrition therapy.
Jo has worked in an array of settings including adjunct professor at Molloy College in Rockville Center, New York, and as a Clinical Nutritionist in the medical, corporate and private arenas. In addition to counseling, she has lectured throughout the community on topics such as weight management, child and infant nutrition, heart disease, sports nutrition, diabetes and nutritional supplementation.
Certifications / Awards
- MS/RD/CDN New York State
- Certified Zone Diet Instructor
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Adjunct Professor, Molloy College, Rockville Center,NY
- Nominated Long Island’s Best Nutritionist
Publications / Media
- Contributor , Vegetarian Times Magazine
- Contributor, Goodveg.squidoo.com
- Appeared on Long Island Naturally
Presentations / Lectures
- How to Drop Your Body Fat
- Diabetes and Nutrition
- Bone Health
- Detoxification: Fact or Fiction
- Nutrition for PMS and Menopause
- Nutrition and Heart Disease
- Diet for Metabolic Syndrome
- Zone diet presentation